Page 1 of 1

No3 SLG Middle Farm

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:36 pm
by Cluny
Opened on 25th Febuary 1941 , this Satellite Landing Ground was used by 1 GTS [Glider Training School] Hotspurs from nearby RAF Croughton and for storing Wellingtons for the nearby OTUs at Finmere , Bicester and Upper Heyford till it closed on 10th January 1946 .

Guardroom
Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Equipment Stores [the only other remains at what was a very primative airfield when active to start with]
Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Couple of views across the Airfield .
Image

Image

Image